Day Eleven

 Friday 05/19 @1:30 p.m.

I think that kindergarteners are my new best friends. I received about 8 million hugs today, and as my new friends would say, I am all hugged out! I spent the morning helping some kids with their letters and spelling which was really fun but also exhausting. With this being my last day working in one of the schools, the amount of gratitude and appreciation I have for teachers is inexplicable; their patience and dedication are beyond impressive. The little dude I worked with today kept getting frustrated, as he was struggling to write his letters and spell some words. I was doing my best to help him and keep him motivated but it was significantly harder than I would have thought. Thankfully, the class’s spelling and writing block came to a close shortly after. As someone who isn’t the best at comforting little kids, I was glad to move on to something else as I didn’t feel fully equipped to try and help him with his work and keep the kid from getting so upset. I left the kindergarten class when they went out to recess and ventured on over to Megan’s classroom to help with various art classes. I worked with some third, first, and second graders which of course, was a blast. I made some art projects with them, and they also made some absolutely gorgeous artwork for me to take home. I feel so happy that these kids would give me their artwork after spending only one 40-minute class with them. Many of them wave and say hi seeing me in the halls after spending this one class with them, which to me is extremely fulfilling and so special.   


Hours Today: 5


Total Hours: 51


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Nine

Week #1: Reflection