Day Fourteen





 

Tuesday 05/23 @1:45 p.m. 

For the final bit of my project today I spent some time doing some research on Santa Elena, Ecuador, where I will be travelling this summer with my mom and her colleagues to work in elementary schools. For the bulk of my hours this past Saturday, I completed some orientation training through the organization the service trip is through. Most of the training talked about how to properly prepare for the trip as well as safety and how to be successful in traveling to a foreign country and experiencing a completely different culture. For the preparation aspect of the trip, the training suggested taking some time to research the country, the geography of the town we will be visiting, and some aspects of the culture. Santa Elena is a Spanish-speaking province on the west coast of Ecuador, right on the Pacific Ocean. I do not yet know the exact place we will be staying but after reading and looking at images of the area, it looks beautiful. The beaches are very popular and there is a famous cathedral nearby. I am unsure of how much free time we will have, but the nearby city supposedly has many great authentic restaurants and other attractions. I am getting excited about the trip and I look forward to getting to experience a new culture and speak some Spanish. I certainly feel ready for the challenge of working in elementary schools in Ecuador after my project!  


Hours Today: 3 


Total Hours: 58ish








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Eleven

Day Nine

Week #1: Reflection